ERC calls 2013: What's new?
A number of changes apply in this year's ERC calls for proposals.
Please note that only the information below published on the Participant Portal should be considered official.
The main changes include:
- The introduction of the "ERC Consolidator grant":
The previous ERC Starting grant scheme will be divided into two separate calls:
- Starting grant (StG): for researchers who have been awarded their first PhD at least 2 and up to 7 years prior to the publication date of the call.
- Consolidator grant (CoG): for researchers who have been awarded their first PhD over 7 and up to 12 years prior to the publication date of the call.
A Consolidator grant is worth up to €2 million (under certain circumstances up to €2.75 million).
- One single deadline for each call, and not different deadlines for the three domains as in the past.
- The publication of the next Advanced grant (AdG) call is now published on 10 July (not in the autumn as previously), with the deadline for applications in the autumn (not in spring as in the past).
- In sum, the publication dates and deadlines for these calls are as follows:
Financial guidelines and grant agreement clauses are currently being revised in line with the new Financial Regulation applicable as for 1 January 2013. These new guidelines and clauses will be made available in due time.