The Next Einstein Forum (NEF), an African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) initiative in partnership with the Robert Bosch Stiftung, is a new global forum for science in Africa that will propel Africa onto the global scientific stage.
NEF Global Gatherings (NEF GGs) will unite more than 500 outstanding thinkers and distinguished stakeholders from around the world together in Africa.
ERC President will be speaking at the second morning plenary session on national science strategies using basic research.
|11:35-12:45||Plenary panel 6: Developing a national science strategy including curiosity-driven science|
Developing countries face the necessary tension between utilizing funding for scientific research which meets pressing and immediate needs, but basic research iis scientific capital. This panel will share best-practice examples from some of today's global scientific leaders.
HE Minster Mary Tew Niane (Minister of Higher education and Research, Senegal)
- Jean-Pierre Bourguignon (President, European Research Council)
- France Córdova (Director, US National Science Foundation)
- HE Minister Papias Musafiri (Minister of Education, Rwanda)
- Molapo Qhobela (CEO, National Research Foundation -NRF-, South Africa)
- Flavia Schlegel (Assistant Director-General for Natural Sciences, UNESCO)
- Peter Strohschneider (President, German Research Foundation