The 48th Annual Meeting of the World Economic Forum took place in Davos from 23 to 26 January 2018, bringing together the world's leading figures from a wide variety of sectors in a joint effort to improve the state of the world.
- WATCH some ERC sessions:
Nobel laureate, ERC Grantee Ben Feringa - A Journey of Discovery
ERC Grantee Hélène Rey - Could 2018 Be the Year of the Next Financial Crisis?
ERC President Bourguignon - A Code of Ethics for Science
- BLOGS by ERC grantees:
Yadvinder Malhi – Impressions of Davos
Johan Rockström – Can this revolution save our warming planet?
The European Research Council (ERC) will for the sixth time take part in the World Economic Forum (WEF) annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland, to bring cutting-edge research into the debate.
The ERC grantees are:
- Prof. Flemming Besenbacher, Aarhus University (DK), Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Carlsberg A/S
- Prof. Ben Feringa, Nobel laureate in Chemistry (2016), University of Groningen (NL)
- Prof. Anne Magurran, University of St Andrews (UK)
- Prof. Yadvinder Malhi, University of Oxford (UK)
- Prof. Erika von Mutius, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (DE)
- Prof. Jeremy O'Brien, University of Bristol (UK)
- Prof. Sir Christopher Pissarides, Nobel laureate in Economic Sciences (2010), London School of Economics (UK), University of Cyprus (CY)
- Prof. Hélène Rey, London Business School (UK)
- Prof. Johan Rockström, Executive Director, Stockholm Resilience Centre (SE)
- Prof. Maja Schlüter, Stockholm Resilience Centre (SE)
- Prof. Martin Vetterli, President of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (CH)
BROCHURE - programme and speakers' biographies
The speakers will participate in 14 sessions, including an Ideas Lab session entitled “Safeguarding our Planet’s Assets with the European Research Council” (24 January 10.45 - 12.00).
Additionally, the ERC will organise a lunch debate together with WEF on the topic “From frontier research to innovation” (24 January, 12:30-14.00) with European Commissioner Carlos Moedas, ERC President Jean-Pierre Bourguignon, ERC grantees Ben Feringa and Erika von Mutius, the CEO of BASF SE, Martin Brudermüller and the CEO of Shire, Flemming Ornskov.
ERC President Bourguignon will speak in several sessions, including "A Code of Ethics for Science” (26 January, 12.30-14.00).
This session can be followed LIVE: A journey of discovery with Nobel laureate Ben Feringa
Follow the ERC activities at the Davos summit on Twitter
For media interviews, please contact:
Madeleine Drielsma, ERC Press Adviser (firstname.lastname@example.org)