Showing results 10 to 20
- Frontier Research: Creating Pathways to SustainabilityThe event will highlight how curiosity-driven research funded by the ERC contributes to achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals. It will take stock of relevant research supported by the ERC and will provide a networking forum for ERC-funded researchers as well as for policy-makers.
- Aerospace - Spotlight on ERC projectsThis brochure is published on the occasion of the 8th European Conference for Aeronautics and Space Sciences (EUCASS 2019), taking place from 1 to 4 July in Madrid (Spain).
- Microobiome - Spotlight on ERC projects‘Microbiome’ is a term used to describe the community of microorganisms and their genetic information that inhabit a confined environmental niche, such as a host organism, soil or the ocean. The microbiome composition varies substantially depending on the environmental niche and can include different bacteria, archaea, fungi and viruses. Research has shown that these communities of microbes play crucial roles in host physiology and development, ecology and evolution.
- Elections and democratic participation - CORDIS results packUnderstanding turbulent political times through innovative EU‑funded research
- Annual Report on the ERC activities and achievements in 2018Annual Report on the ERC activities and achievements in 2018
- Opportunities to visit research teams in EuropeOpportunities to visit research teams in Europe
- Opportunities for Brazilian researchers to visit research teams in EuropeAre you a researcher based in Brazil? Gain experience in Europe, go on a research visit to an ERC team!
- Mathematics: spotlight on ERC projectsUnlike the common and extended idea that mathematics is an isolated and somehow lonely subject, research in this field, over the years, especially in recent ones, is continuously disproving this statement. Mathematics is probably much closer to real life than many other disciplines. It is playing an important role in countries’ economies and is key in the current data science era. To date, the European Research Council (ERC) has supported 377 projects in mathematics, representing more than EUR 600 million of investment in this research area. A sample of these projects is highlighted in this brochure published on the occasion of the International Congress of Mathematicians 2018 (ICM 2018), taking place from 1 to 9 August in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil).
- ERC research showcased at ESOF 2018Sharing science: towards new horizons
- Transport and Mobility - Spotlight on ERC projectsTransport research encompasses a wide variety of topics in areas ranging from transportation science and technology, impact assessment of transport on environment and health, to the transport policy. The overall aim today is to improve transport infrastructure, vehicles and operations, while reducing its environmental footprint and integrating societal aspects, for example user behaviour, traffic planning and urban design. This diversity of topics and approaches is reflected in the portfolio of transport research projects funded by the European Research Council (ERC) across the areas of physical sciences and engineering, life sciences and social sciences and humanities. A sample of these projects is highlighted in this brochure as their lead researchers will be presenting their results at the 18th Transport Research Arena, (TRA), taking place from 16 to 19 April 2018 in Vienna (Austria).