The ERC supports excellent research and attracts the world's best researchers to pursue their careers in the EU or in the Associated Countries to Horizon Europe.
Together with the Horizon Europe National Office and the ERC National Contact Point (NCP) in Georgia, the ERC will organise a webinar to inform about its funding schemes. An ERC Scientific Officer will present the different calls, the rules for participation and the evaluation process as well as some examples of funded projects while the ERC NCP in Georgia will explain the different actions to support applicants. Participants will also get advice on how to prepare a project proposal from ERC laureates.
Following the presentations and testimonials, there will be an opportunity for participants to interact with the speakers in a Q&A session.
09.00 – 11:00 CEST (11:00 - 13:00 Georgia Standard Time)
- Moderator: Mariam Keburia, ERC National Contact Point (NCP) in Georgia
09:00 – 09:10 | Opening
- Angela Liberatore, Head of the ERC Scientific Department
- Silvia Bojinova, European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP) team leader, Unit 0.4 “Horizon Europe Association”, Directorate General for Research and Innovation, European Commission
- Nino Inasaridze, Head of Horizon Europe National Office of Georgia
09:10 – 09:40 | ERC Funding Schemes
- Agnes Kulcsar, ERC Call coordinator
09:40 – 09:50 | ERC NCP in Georgia: Support to ERC applicants
- Mariam Keburia, ERC NCP in Georgia
09:50 – 10:35 | Testimonials by ERC grant winners
- Einat Segev, Weizmann Institute of Science
- Jakša Vučičević, Institute of Physics-Belgrade
- Sofia Aboim, University of Lisbon (ERC panel member)
10:35 – 11:00 | Q&A session
- Ekaterine Sanaia, ERC NCP in Georgia